A courteous and service-oriented team of professionals in partnership with the City Council, City departments and the community, providing accurate, courteous and timely services to the residents of the City of Everett.
The City Clerk is also the Registrar of Vital Records, Clerk of the City Council, City Archivist, Keeper of the Records and the Super Records Access Officer. Among his responsibilities the City Clerk is also responsible for maintaining procedures relating to the registration of voters, developing and maintaining annual list of voters, and conducting the annual census of residents of the City. The Clerk is the Official Keeper of the Records for the City of Everett.
Services maintained by the City Clerk’s Office include, but are not limited to:
- Recording City Council documents
- Birth, marriage and death records
- Filing of marriage intentions and performance of marriages
- Issuing and maintaining Dog licenses
- Business certificates (DBA) as well as processing certain business licensing
- Filings with and decisions of the Board of Appeals and the Planning Board
- All notifications of meetings and commissions of the Everett City Government
- Processing and ensuring accuracy and proper certification of all nomination papers and petitions
- Handling absentee voter applications, administer election recounts and holds hearings.
The City Clerk's Office receives notices of claims and legal actions against, or relating to the City of Everett, handles all licenses that require approval by the City Council. Maintaining and enforcing all licenses issued by the City Council.
The City Clerk is the official keeper of the City Seal and maintains general Ordinances and Zoning Ordinances as enacted by the City Council.
The Clerk’s Office also serves as a link to the residents of the City by conducting an Annual City Census and an annual Street List Book. Additionally provides a variety of supplemental services to assist residents within the community. We offer proof of residency statements and notary public services.
The Assistant City Clerk serves as the City Messenger and is authorized to discharge the responsibilities of the City Clerk in his absence.