• Certified Personal Trainer through the American Council on Exercise (ACE)
• Nick also teaches Boot Camp, Strength Camp, HIIT and Circuit Training
• Played football and competed in power lifting, while earning his degree at the University of Massachusetts
• Has been involved in the fitness industry for 10+ years and is always learning the newest and most efficient ways to improve his client's health and fitness
• Specializes in functional programming, body and strength building, weight loss, metabolic conditioning and movement screening assessments
• Has a passion for working with and motivating individuals that are new to the gym and want a fresh start in fitness!
• Eddie lives in Charlestown with his wife and three children
• Has over 35 years of experience coaching several youth sports, including basketball, football, baseball and hockey
• Has additional 15 years of experience working with children with various disabilities
Quote: "My motto and philosophy is always to maintain an open line of communication with a child, and letting them know if they've done something wrong, to talk to them about it. Yelling isn't always the best solution to handling a situation with a child."
• Sam is a lifelong resident of Everett and is committed to helping his community stay healthy
• Sam is no stranger to battling obesity and having been well over 400 lbs. when he was younger, Sam now has worked extremely hard to stay healthy and inspire others to do the same
• He places strong emphasis on building a strong and balance training foundation, all while giving his clients the tools needed to live a "Weight Better Lifestyle"
• He has also been Winner for ABC's Weight Loss Reality TV Show "Fat March" in 2007
• Certifications include: Personal Trainer (since 2008), Certified Wellness Coach (since 2010), Certified Massage Therapist (since 2007) and CPR/AED/First Aid Instructor (since 2012)
• Certifications include: US Soccer Federation "E" License, ICA (International Coaches Assocation) Fitness and Conditioning for Soccer License, NFHS Coaching Unified Sports (Special Olympics) Certification, NSCAA Goalkeeper II Diploma, NSCAA Futsal Level 1 Diploma, Concussion in Sports, Sports Nutrition, Sportsmanship, Heat and Heat Illness Prevention/Creating a Safe and Respectful Environment, NFHS Physical Education and Coaching Certificate, STI (Substitute Teaching Institute) Assessment Training and Bare Bones Children's Yoga Certified
• John has a Bachelor's Degree in Criminology and Philosophy from Suffolk University in 1998, as well as a Master's Degree in Business Managements from Lesley University in 2003
• His experience includes:
- Director of Sidekick Soccer Academy 'Kick with Care' (Special Needs Program) and Footy Fun Fitness (Youth and Toddler Soccer) Programs, Speed and Conditioning Coach
- Soccer Instructor for the City of Everett, Somerville Recreation and YMCA Malden
- Head Coach of the MA Special Olympics Belmont S.P.O.R.T.S Team
- Head Coach Girls' Varsity Team at Prospect Hill Academy
- Religious Education Teacher (7th - 9th grade) at St. Ann's Parish in Somerville, MA
- Child Life Care Volunteer for the Shriner's Children's Hospital in Boston
- Behavioral Health Disaster Responder/Psychological First Aid with the State Department of Health in MA
• AFAA Group Certified
• USA Gymnastics Certifications include: USAG Regional Congress Member, Recreational Gymnastics, Competitive Gymnastics, Safety and Risk Management and Gymnastics Fitness and Athlete Development
• Reebok BOKS Kids Certified
• CPR Certified
• 1st Degree Black Belt, Tae Kwon Do and Brown Belt, Kenpo Karate
• A lifelong resident of Everett, MA
• Has been working with children, teens and adults for over 15 years
• Has coached competitive, recreational and gymnastics fundamentals, as well as introducing children's physical fitness programs, classes and camps for cities, towns and gyms in the area
• Strong background in Gymnastics, Dance, Martial Arts, Athletic Coaching and Development
• Strong passion for sports and fitness
• Keri has been working out for over 20 years, and says it is a huge part of her life
• Has been teaching for over 2 years at the Health and Wellness Center
• Certified in Turbo Kickboxing and Muscle Conditioning
Quote: "I love teaching and helping others! Both Turbo Kickboxing and Muscle Conditioning are a passion of mine. Everett Health and Wellness Center is a fantastic gym - with a variety of different classes, and it is by far the perfect match for me! Hope to see you at my class!"
• Kahlea comes from a strong background in group fitness teaching adult and youth classes
• Her dance background allows her to design classes that are fun and engaging, and truly enjoys helping members stay motivated with balance and flexibility
• She has many new ideas and a variety in all her classes, and plans to expand them for those who take her classes very soon
• Her experience includes: NASM PT Certified Group Instructor, AFAA Zumba and Spin
• Kahlea has been teaching at the Wellness Center for over 1 year and at Crunch in Medford for 1.5 years
Quote: "My love and passion for health awareness is strong in various areas of fitness. Whether it is in a class setting or one-on-one, I am excited to continue to work with the residents of Everett to stay health and enjoy fitness."
• Rosanna has a passion for dance ever since she was a little girl when she was part of Phunk Phenomenon/Lil' Phunk
• Has taught Zumba Club at her high school - Pioneer Charter School of Science
• Licensed since June 2016 in Zumba, and has been teaching since October 2016
• Obtained her Bachelor's Degree in Communications at Suffolk University in May 2017
• Truly loves getting other people motivated and ready to work out in her class
For more than 15 years, Jacqueline has been working with children, youth and families in a wide array of settings. Jacqueline earned her degree in Early Childhood Education and is certified through the state of Massachusetts as an early childhood Director levels 1 & 2 as well as being lead teacher certified for infants, toddlers and preschool. She also earned her Army Child Development Certificate while working for the Department of Defense in Fort Irwin, CA.
Jacqueline is CPR, First Aid and AED certified and is a former American Health Association Instructor. She loves working with children, and it opened doors into the fitness industry in 2015 where she started as a "Toddler Guru" and taught classes such as parent & me, toddler yoga, gym games, arts & crafts, martial arts, dance and more for ages 3 months - 12 years. She later became the Kids Academy Manager.
Jacqueline has also managed other brand name fitness gyms/wellness centers in areas such as customer service, group fitness, children's programming and general management. Her love of people and yoga called her to become yoga teacher certified, which she earned through Health Yoga Life in Beacon Hill in 2017. She currently teaches Adult Beginners/All Levels, Power Vinyasa, Kids' Yoga and Senior Fitness at several studios and locations in Boston and the North Shore area.
Tanya Mouzakes, STRONG coach and Zumba instructor
- Originally from Long Island, New York
- Currently enrolled at Western New England University earning a PhD. in Behavior Analysis
- After many years of classical dance training and collegiate-level ballroom dance competitions, Tanya found Zumba fitness as a great way to continue to dance and stay active
- Licensed to teach Zumba since 2015 and licensed in STRONG since 2017
- STRONG has become her latest fitness obsession because the program combines challenging, but attainable goals perfectly synced to customized music
- Tanya is passionate about fitness and hopes to share that passion and motivation with others in the community